Exciting & Scenically Diverse
The beaches are good, but for us the real joy of the island is to tour around, staying in the very special boutique hotels and then end in a resort for a few days.
The flying time from UK is 12 hours. There are direct flights on Sri Lankan Airways as well as good connections via Dubai & Abu Dhabi.
Note – During the period 06 January to 06 April 2017 , Colombo Airport will be closed during day light hours ( 0830 to 1630 ) . This is for runway improvements All airlines will be affected , and existing bookings will be automatically rescheduled .
Note – A visa in advance is required, approx. on-line cost £20 per person.
The interior, being higher and mountainous, can attract rainfall throughout the year, with March to May and September/ October generally the wettest. Temperatures inland can be noticeably cooler than the coast, particularly at night and early misty morning.
[su_heading]Why Sri Lanka?[/su_heading]The astonishing culture, the history and the ancient cities. The fantastic scenic contrasts with a visit to the incredible rock fortress at Sigiraya a must. The varied wildlife options. The warm and hospitable welcome. The uniquely located heritage boutique hotels. The rapidly improving range of international hotels – but see note below . Despite increased prices , Sri Lanka remains one of the best priced tropical destinations .
[su_heading]If We Were To Be Critical…. [/su_heading]Whilst there are some motorways linking the main cities, the inland roads are winding and narrow. The shortest distance can in actuality be long. Sri Lanka drivers like speed when road conditions allow, so the occasional stray cow slowing down traffic can come as some relief. Now much more hotel choice , although many of the new arrivals don’t have the best beaches . Pictures can be deceptive !
Note – The Beaches are used by both tourists and locals, private beaches are not permitted. Strong currents do exists, especially on the south and west coasts. Only the most popular beaches tend to have life guards or danger flags – but with most it will be left to your personal judgement.
” I revisited Sri Lanka after several years absence and was amazed how much the island had progressed. It has always had the history, culture and scenery but now you have some beautiful heritage boutique resorts as well as some top grade beach options. Fantastic destination for all the family “- Marie-Helene at Chic.
[su_box title=”CHIC Hotels in Sri Lanka” style=”glass” box_color=”#774794″]
- > About Sri Lanka
- The Fortress Resort and Spa, Galle
- Jetwing Vil Uyana, Sigiriya
- Kandy House, Kandy, Sri Lanka
- Ceylon Tea Trails, Bogawantalawa Valley
- Uga The Residence Colombo – Uga Hotels, Sri Lanka
- Jetwing Lighthouse, Galle, Sri Lanka
- Saman Villas Sri Lanka, Bentota
- Amanwella Tangalle Sri Lanka
- Noel Rodrigo’s Leopard Safaris – Sri Lanka
- Uga Jungle Beach Resort, Trincomalee, Sri Lanka
- Uga Bay Passikudah – Uga Hotels, Sri Lanka
- Uga Ulagalla – The Cultural Triangle – Uga Hotels, Sri Lanka
- Uga Chena Huts – Yala National Park – Uga Hotels, Sri Lanka
- > Sri Lanka Tours – CHIC’S Luxurious Suggestions
- Taylors Hill, Kandy Area, Sri Lanka
- The Wallawwa, Near Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Kahanda Kanda Galle, Sri Lanka
- Cape Weligama, Sri Lanka
- Casa Mirissa Sri Lanka